Thursday, January 19, 2012

El Fungi....& no, its not a dish!

SO i went to the dr today about my ringworm a.k.a fungal infection. Before going in, i was excited to see the doctor and especially at the thought of taking fungal pills (which i was sure to help with my discolorations!) but then when i asked him about the pills, he warned me that taking those "anti fungal pills" may cause side effects like if u're allergic to it, u might end up with rashes and worse, liver problems. Being smart, and not wanting to jump from the frying pan into the fire, i decided to take his solution to my problem: a fungal cream called OTENOL (ingredient: Terbinafine Hydrochloride). I'm supposed to used it twice/day until the ringworm disappears and then continue applying the cream for another two weeks. He explained why.

Fungal infections are not like viruses or throat infections, when u have fungal infections, its cells divide very slowly and and it grows deep into ur skin (this explains why nothing works on my underarms!) therefore it is necessary to use the cream/any other fungal medication on a long term basis.

Since my underarms have been dark for soooooo longggg....i can only imagine how much time it will take before i see a drastic change. I will be applying the anti-fungal cream daily on my underarms and my affected ringworm areas! when i do see a difference i will let ya'll know.

If u r wondering whether u have fungal on ur underarms, it is best to ask ur family members if any of then have/had fungal infections in the past. After all, fungal infections are hereditary.

If what i have is a fungal infection on my armpits, i'll be really pissed at the fact that even the "best dermatologist" couldnt diagnose this. But we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment